lunes, 20 de junio de 2011

LS-472.

+Going. Sorry. Love you.

-Scott, no! The ice! The ice is coming!

+Go, Scott. Drag yourself to that smucking pool, if that's what it takes. If the doctor comes back and finds the bed empty I'll make something up, it
doesn't matter, but get to the pool and make yourself better, do it, do it for me, goddam you!

- Can't. Won't ... work.

+Then I'll go! Just help me!

-Lying across the path... to the pool. It. Slee...ping. Sleeping on... the path. Side...high...sky...Went to Boo'ya Moon from the airplane. Never tried anything like that. Thought I might fall, but I came out on Sweetheart Hill, like always. Went again from a stall... airport bathroom. Las time... greenroom, just before the reading. Still there. Ole Freddy. Still right there.

(Christ, he even has a name for the smucking thing)

Couldn’t get to the pool, so I ate some berries… they’re usually all right, but…

+It was too late. It was too late wasn’t it? You ate them after sundown. But it was all you could think of to do. But you were all right at the reading! That Professor Meade said you were smucking great!

-Dew. Licked it off the leaves. The last time, when I went… from the greenroom. Thought it might…

+You thought it might be healing. Like the pool. And that made you better. For a little while?

-Yeah. Little while. Now… I was lost in the dark. You found me.

+Scott, no…

-Yes. You saw me whole. Everything… -He uses his free hand to make a weak circling gesture: Everything the same. He is smiling a little now as he
looks at her.

+Hang on, Scott! Just hang on! Hang on… wait for the wind to change. No, Scott, the ice! Wait for the ice!

He says baby. He calls her babyluv.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario